SKILLS, THRILLS AND LESSON PLAN LINKS FOR THE WEEK
- Little Flippers Lesson 3
- SST: I’m an awesome listener
- Prep / Level 1: I can float on my belly
- Level 2: I can glide on my back and kick, kick, kick
- Level 3: I can swim across the pool with roll overs & pop ups
- Level 4: I can dolphin kick
- Swim Team Prep; My Breaststroke Is Beautiful!
- GOGGLE Free!
- Slides: Orange
- Canoes: Pink
TIPS FOR THE WEEK
- They are meant for student to go down feet first only.
- One Student at a time on the slide please.
- Slides can be propped on the side of the pool or positioned in the water. Chose the best spot in which you can keep your eyes on all students at all times.
- Slides cannot be used tipped over. For safety, they must remain in the upright position at all times.
- Our canoes are not actual canoes, they are toys to be used for fun during swim lessons.
- Please do not tip the canoe over unless all students are very confident in their swimming abilities and you are confident that you can do so safely.
- Be mindful of bouncing and splashing the canoe if you have instructors to the left and right of you. This can be very disruptive to a neighboring class is it becomes to rambunctious.
KEEP YOUR STUDENTS SAFE!
Head on a swivel, eyes on students arms reach of non swimmers and stay outside of the box or with your back to the ropes. In addition when teaching kids that swim independently, follow the weakest swimmer.
UPCOMING MEETINGS & TRAININGS
2022 Shallow Water Lifeguard Training Classes
- Saturdays in Winchester from 1-6 pm each day, September 17, 24, October 1
- Sundays in Natick from 1-6 pm each day, October 9, 16, 23, 30
- Saturdays in Winchester from 1-6 pm each day, November 12, 19, December 3, 10
- To Register Click Here!
In Person All Staff Meetings
DOOR GREETING (to be used each time a class is called in).
As we welcome our students today, please make sure that your students are lined up on the appropriate dots and have their towels. This week is google free, so please leave those goggles at the door! In addition, all swimmers under 4 years old MUST have the proper protective layers on to enter the pool. They need to have on either: A single layer Splashabout swim product OR a double layer of any other swim diapering produce one of the layers MUST be non-disposable. Splash About products are available for purchase at the office.\
Hello and Welcome to Week 4 of our Fall Session!
My name is ____________ and I will be your deck supervisor.
In SwimStars Transitional our instructors are guiding students using simple directions to create a safe and structured learning environment. Our goal is to create awesome listeners that follow the directions of the instructor throughout each class.
In SwimStars Prep and Level 1 we are working on our breath control, buoyancy, and balance by teaching our students to float on their bellies independently. This skill helps our students build their confidence and comfort while floating in the water with their face submerged.
In Level 2 we are working on buoyancy, balance and movement through independent gliding and kicking on the back. Moving through the water using only legs for kicking promotes stability, improved body position and propulsion.
In Level 3 we are expanding the distances of the roll over and pop up skills learned in level 2. The roll over skills reinforces safety by allowing students to roll on their backs if they become tired while swimming longer distances and the pop up skill helps student perfect rhythmic breathing over longer distances.
In Level 4 we are introducing the dolphin kick by encouraging students to swim with their legs together and kick moving their body in a wavelike motion. This skill helps improve body proper body position and movement for the Butterfly stroke taught in swim team prep.
In Swim Team Prep we will be focusing on Breaststroke.
Here at Little Flippers we have an unlimited absence and makeup policy! Absences can be reported in the Parent Portal and if they are reported before class time, your account will be credited with an absence which you can use for a makeup in another class that is not fully enrolled, has an absence already reported for the day, is a designated makeup class. Makeup lasses can only be scheduled one week in advance.
As a reminder, we do have on deck showers that can be used for a quick rinse after class (no soap, shampoo, etc. please). However if you are showering in the locker room, please be mindful of others in the facility and limit your time spent in the shower and please no reserving showers. Thanks for your cooperation!
ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR WINCHESTER ONLY: We ask that all customers please park in the YELLOW lined spots only. They do extend all the way around the building onto the other side of the pool. The white lined spots are for our neighbors across the street.
Once again, my name is ______________ and I am available for questions or feedback so please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks and have a great day!