SKILLS AND THRILLS FOR THE WEEK
- SST: I can move like a monkey
- Prep / Level 1: I can swim by myself
- Level 2: I can swim chicken, airplane, solider
- Level 3: I can swim with pizza arms and frog kicks
- Level 4: I can swim breaststroke
- STP: Flip Turns
- Goggle Free
- Slides: Purple
- Canoes: Green
TIPS FOR THE WEEK
- Effective immediately, the bell will be rung by the deck supervisor or deck assistant on the :27 or :57.
- When the bell is rung, instructors should finish what they are working on and exit the pool.
- We are hoping that this new format allows for the longest lesson possible (while still giving you, the instructor, the chance to quickly use the bathroom or set up your lane for the next class).
- In addition, all classes must begin on time to allow our families and students as much pool time as possible.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/TRAININGS & FORUMS
- Winchester Fall All Staff; Friday, August 13th
- In Person Natick Fall All Staff; Saturday, August 14th. 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Employee Engagement Forum; July 21, 2021
- Crew Coverage Procedure
- Covid Scenario Review
- Winchester Room Assignments
- Winchester Maintenance Tasks
- Winchester Facility and Pump Room Tracking Form
- Winchester Training Forms – Trainers Only Please
- Natick Room Assignments
- Natick Maintenance Tasks
- Natick Facility and Pump Room Tracking Form
- Natick Training Forms – Trainers Only Please
- DROP AND GO PROCESS
- Summer 2021 Session Dates & Closures
- Fall 2021 Session Dates & Closures
Hello and Welcome to Week 6 of our Summer Session!
My name is ____________ and I will be your deck supervisor.
This week we will be working on a variety of skills.
In SwimStars Transitional we are teaching students to move their hands along the wall from one spot to the next. This is our way of ensuring continuous movement and is a safe way for non-swimmers to travel back to the dock in between skills.
In SwimStars Prep and Level 1 we are encouraging independent swimming with simple arm and leg movements such as scoops paddles and kicks. We are looking for students to move at least 2 body lengths of the pool. This independent action will lead to more comfort and confidence in the water.
In Level 2 we are practicing movement on the back by encouraging our students to use both their arms and legs to swim the elementary backstroke (A.K.A. Chicken, airplane, soldier). This resting stroke can be utilized to move to safety if students get tired while swimming, as it does not require a lot of energy.
In Level 3 we are working on the foundation of the breaststroke taught in level 4. This involves students practicing the simultaneous movements of the arms and legs that we refer to as pizza arms and frog legs.
In Level 4 we are building upon “pizza arms and frog legs” introduced in Level 3 by refining the Breaststroke. We are reinforcing the proper body position, refining the arms and legs and incorporating the proper breathing and timing.
In Swim Team Prep we will be focusing on Flip Turns
ENROLLMENT IS NOW available in your Parent Portal for our Fall Sessions as well as our Summer Swim and Gym Day Program!
ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR WINCHESTER ONLY: We ask that all customers please park in the YELLOW lined spots only. They do extend all the way around the building onto the other side of the pool. The white lined spots are for our neighbors across the street.
Once again, my name is ______________ and I am available for questions or feedback so please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks and have a great day!