SKILLS AND THRILLS FOR THE WEEK
- SST: I can crocodile climb
- Prep / Level 1: I can otter roll
- Level 2: I can pop up
- Level 3: I can swim underwater
- Level 4: I can swim Backstroke
- STP: Individual Medley
- GOGGLE FRIENDLY
- NO SLIDES OR CANOES
TIPS FOR THE WEEK
Reminders on Whistles
- All Deck Supervisors will perform a whistle check at the start of each shift to ensure ALL staff are in possession of a whistle.
- Whistles must be easily accessible at all times! Not in pockets or around water bottles, but worn on your arm.
- Whistles are a mandatory part of your uniform and should be used any time an instructor needs assistance from the Deck Staff.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/TRAININGS & FORUMS
- Natick and Winchester Employee Engagement Forums on Zoom Thursday, May 13th; 8:00 – 8:45 pmPlease Click Here to Submit Questions for Upcoming Forums!
- Natick and Winchester Deck Supervisor Zoom Meeting (Mandatory & Paid) – Friday, May 28th, 2021 from 7:00-8:30pm
- Natick and Winchester Summer All Staff Meeting on Zoom Friday, June 4th; 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Monday, May 31st – Memorial Day
- Crew Coverage Procedure
- Covid Scenario Review
- Winchester Room Assignments
- Winchester Maintenance Tasks
- Winchester Facility and Pump Room Tracking Form
- Natick Room Assignments
- Natick Maintenance Tasks
- Natick Facility and Pump Room Tracking Form
- DROP AND GO PROCESS
- Summer 2021 Session Dates & Closures
- Fall 2021 Session Dates & Closures
Hello and Welcome to Week 16 of our Spring Session!
My name is ____________ and I will be your deck supervisor.
This week we will be working on a variety of skills.
In SwimStars Transitional we are assisting our students with entering and exiting the pool safely. We encourage them to sit on the edge, roll to their bellies and slide in when entering. When exiting, we guide them using the “elbow, elbow, belly, then knee” method to climb out of the pool. This encourages safety and independence when entering and exiting the water.
In SwimStars Prep and Level 1 we are working on all four pillar skills by having students swim to the instructor and do a supported roll over to a back float. Students may become tired while swimming and this skill encourages them to simply roll to the back for a rest if they get tired while swimming.
In Level 2 we are educating our students on breath control through the use of rhythmic breathing by introducing the pop up. This skill encourages comfort, confidence and independence in the pool by encouraging them practice rhythmic breathing while in motion which allows them to swim further distances than breath holding alone.
In Level 3 we are enhancing breath control by teaching students to swim through a submerged hula-hoop. This skill builds students confidence in swimming while completely submerged.
In Level 4 we are introducing the Backstroke. We are reinforcing the proper body position, through swimming on our backs with flutter kicks and alternating arm strokes.
In Swim Team Prep we will be focusing on Individual Medley
ENROLLMENT IS NOW available in your Parent Portal for our Summer Session and the Fall Session begins immediately after on August 22nd and enrollment will be available online on May 18th.
As a reminder we will be closed on Monday May 31st for Memorial Day. Regular classes will be running that weekend. If you cannot make it to class, please submit your absence in the Parent Portal!
ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR WINCHESTER ONLY: We ask that all customers please park in the YELLOW lined spots only. They do extend all the way around the building onto the other side of the pool. The white lined spots are for our neighbors across the street.
Once again, my name is ______________ and I am available for questions or feedback so please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks and have a great day!