SKILLS, THRILLS AND LESSON PLAN LINKS FOR THE WEEK
- Little Flippers Lesson 3
- Transitional; I’m Ready to Learn!
- Prep and Level 1; I Can Kick, Kick, Kick!
- Level 2: I can roll over
- Level 3; I Can Swim with Big Arms and Flutter Kicks!
- Level 4; I Can Swim Freestyle!
- Swim Team Prep; My Breaststroke Is Beautiful!
- GOGGLE Friendly!
- Slides: Green
- Canoes: Purple
TIPS FOR THE WEEK
When your students are jumping into the water to position yourself so you can help a child if they don’t jump far enough away from the wall (hand behind them for every age, every level, every child!) Use props/toys to give the students a target to jump to (noodle, floating basketball hoop, target on bottom, etc…)
Deck Supervisors, please remind your instructors that if they feel a student is in the wrong level or should advance to the next level, they need to discuss that with you, their deck supervisor. Instructors should not tell parents directly that their child is ready to advance since we have limited spots available and may not be able to accomodate all changes. The deck supervisor can work with the office staff first to check for openings.
- Masks are required in Winchester for all of those over the age of 2 (per Board of Health).
- Masks are required in Natick for all of those over the age of 2 or not fully vaccinated. It is strongly recommended that all patrons were masks regardless.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/TRAININGS & FORUMS
- Employee Engagement Forums (8pm – 8:45 pm)
- Tuesday, September 21st
- Wednesday, October 20th
- Thursday, November 18th
- Wednesday, December 15th
- Shallow Water Lifeguard Training, October 17th, 24th and 31st in Winchester from 1 – 9 pm. All Classes Required. Details Here: American Red Cross Shallow Water Lifeguarding
- Crew Coverage Procedure
- Covid Scenario Review
- Winchester Room Assignments
- Winchester Opening, Closing and Maintenance Checklists
- Winchester Facility and Pump Room Tracking Form
- Natick Opening, Closing & Maintenance Checklists
- Natick Room Assignments
- Natick Facility and Pump Room Tracking Form
- Fall 2021 Session Dates & Closures
- Natick Training Forms – FOR TRAINERS ONLY
- Winchester Training Forms – For Trainers Only!
DOOR GREETING (to be used each time a class is called in).
“As we welcome our students today, please make sure that your students are lined up appropriately. All students should remain masked as they enter the pool area and all of our friends under 4 years old MUST have those proper protective layers on. Thank you!”
Hello and Welcome to Week 5 of our Fall Session!
This week we will be working on a variety of skills.
In SwimStars Transitional we are looking for our students to show us their readiness by willingly engaging with the instructor and following their directions. This reinforces comfort and confidence in the pool and with their instructors.
In SwimStars Prep and Level 1 we are working on buoyancy, balance, and movement by teaching students to kick their feet behind them on their back and belly with the help of equipment. This reinforces proper body position while swimming and introduces simple leg actions on the front and back.
In Level 2 we are educating our students about swim safety by introducing the roll over technique we are encouraging them to roll over and rest on the back if they become tired while swimming. This important safety skill can be used in any body of water for swimmers of all ages.
In Level 3 we are working on the foundation of the freestyle stroke taught in level 4. This involves students practicing the alternating arm and leg movements that we refer to as big arms and flutter kicks.
In Level 4 we are building upon the “big arms and flutter kick” introduced in Level 3 by refining the Freestyle stroke. We are reinforcing proper body position, refining movement of arms and legs and incorporating side breathing and timing.
In Swim Team Prep we will be focusing on Backstroke.
Lastly, as our bathroom space is limited, we would appreciate it if all changing could take place in the locker room. Thank You!
ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR WINCHESTER ONLY: We ask that all customers please park in the YELLOW lined spots only. They do extend all the way around the building onto the other side of the pool. The white lined spots are for our neighbors across the street.
Once again, my name is ______________ and I am available for questions or feedback so please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks and have a great day!